Job & Karriere
Finding a job online
Stellenangebote im Internet finden
Online application tips
So you´ve done your homework and found a variety of suitable-looking positions through sites that seem to offer what you are looking for with a reasonable guarantee of success. Now what? Follow our tips below to ensure that your application goes to the top of the (virtual!) pile:
- Make sure that you have included all the information and filled in all the fields the employer has asked for. It may seem obvious, but so many applications are automatically discarded just because one small piece of information was missing. So check and double check before clicking on "submit".
- Find what is known as a "hook" if you can: do your research on the company and, if you can, on the hiring manager. If you have a hobby in common, attended the same university, or once worked at the same company, then make sure you find a way to give this information so that your name will stand out from
- Consider posting your résumé online: don´t just look for jobs, allow potential employers to look for you too. HR managers often complain about the lack of talent, so by making your CV or résumé
available and searchable on job sites you are improving your visibility.
- Open up a candidate profile with employers you are interested in working for if this is possible. It means giving your qualifications and experience to the employer - but does mean that when a job opens up, you will be found in a pool of candidates.
- Clean up your own profile: it sounds obvious, but just as you can search for online jobs and check out companies, so they in turn can check you out. So go through your online profiles and postings and edit as necessary before you start your job hunt!
- Be patient: just because you can quickly submit many online applications does not mean that you will be offered a job tomorrow. Give the employer time to wade through all the applications, check whether timing guidelines are given and stand back and wait!
At the end of the day, no matter how wellcrafted your online application is, you will only get the job that is right for you, so apply yourself judiciously!
Erstellt am: 25.06.2013 15:04, Letzte Änderung: 27.10.2014 09:49